RSS News Feeds
- Town Calendar
- Business Registration
- Entertainment & Restaurants
- Building Inspection Permit Portal
- Food Svc License Permit Portal
- Watch Public Meetings Live
- Emergency Notification System
- Pay & Manage Your Utility Bill
- Municipal Court Payment Portal
- Online Forms
- Interactive Zone & Ordinance Map
- Addison Code of Ordinance Online
- Your Guide to Sustainable Living
- Financial Transparency
- Citizen Support Center
- Destination Addison
- Addison Arbor Foundation Online
Wind: SE at 7 mph
|Complete DFW Forecast|
To view one of the AddisonTX.Gov feeds in your RSS Reader:
1. Click or copy the URL link that corresponds to the topic that interests you
2. Paste the URL into your reader
- What is RSS?
RSS enables you to get the news without having to visit the website. The first thing you need to do is to install a news reader that checks RSS feeds and lets you read any new articles that have been added to them.
Using this web address (URL) you can use content from this site in a variety of tools and websites. For individuals, the most likely usage is within an application known as an RSS reader. An RSS reader is an application you run on your own computer which can request and store the content from RSS feeds.
- How can I receive RSS feeds?
There are several ways of receiving RSS feeds, but the technology is moving forwards and adapting very quickly. The main method is to download a program called an RSS Reader. You can then set up this program to receive RSS information from Addison's website or whatever websites you wish that offer it, and browse headlines and story summaries that link through to the full story on the website.
There are several News Reader programs available for all platforms. Alternatively, some newer web browsers offer similar functionality already built-in which will detect whether the website you are viewing offers an RSS feed and will then let you create a constantly-updated list of links in your 'bookmarks' menu.