- Town Calendar
- Business Registration
- Entertainment & Restaurants
- Building Inspection Permit Portal
- Food Svc License Permit Portal
- Watch Public Meetings Live
- Emergency Notification System
- Pay & Manage Your Utility Bill
- Municipal Court Payment Portal
- Online Forms
- Interactive Zone & Ordinance Map
- Addison Code of Ordinance Online
- Your Guide to Sustainable Living
- Financial Transparency
- Citizen Support Center
- Destination Addison
- Addison Arbor Foundation Online
Wind: SSW at 14 mph
|Complete DFW Forecast|
Water / Wastewater
The Utility Division's mission is to provide a continuous delivery of potable and palatable water supply with adequate volume and pressure to all residential, commercial, industrial and public water consumers. Maintain the quality of wastewater for public health enjoyment, protecting wildlife, operating industries and for economic development.
To protect consumers and to promote economic development, the Utility Division's mission is to provide superior-rated water with adequate volume and pressure to all residential and commercial consumers, and to maintain the quality of wastewater in order to protect public health and the environment.
How safe is my water?
Superior! Delivered fresh to your tap daily, the water you consume in Addison has earned the State's highest water quality designation. We take pride in working to maintain our "superior" designation. Responsible for water distribution and maintenance of water and wastewater infrastructure within Addison, the Utility Division has set providing safe and reliable drinking water as its highest priority.
- Forty-Nine Water Saving Tips - For water conservation tips, inside and outside your home or business
- Drought Contingency Plan
- Water Conservation
- How to Read Your Meter
- How can I help? Wise use of the sewerage system and performance of simple preventive maintenance will help safeguard the system and reduce costs for everyone
- 24-hour emergency service: 972-450-2871 (972-450-7156 after hours)
To request emergency water turn-off or to report a water meter leak, water main break, fire hydrant leak or clogged or overflowing wastewater main, call the numbers above. An operator will be dispatched immediately. There is no charge for these services.
No one but an authorized agent may turn your water on or off at the water meter. This is to prevent any damage to the water meter and/or service line. Some houses have gate valves that can be accessed by the resident when necessary. If you are not sure if you have a gate valve, we will help you locate it.
Your Town at Work: Capital Improvements on Water System
- 8-INCH WATER LINE REPLACEMENT: an existing 8" cast iron water line will be replaced with an 8" PVC line, dramatically decreasing the potential for a leak in this section of pipe, improving the overall performance of Addison's water distribution system.
- 1.5 MILLION GALLON ELEVATED WATER STORAGE RESERVOIR: Identified in the Town of Addison Water Distribution System Study (2006), this project includes the construction of a 1.5 Million Gallon Elevated Water Storage Reservoir to satisfy the remainder of Addison's elevated storage needs.