- Town Calendar
- Business Registration
- Entertainment & Restaurants
- Building Inspection Permit Portal
- Food Svc License Permit Portal
- Watch Public Meetings Live
- Emergency Notification System
- Pay & Manage Your Utility Bill
- Municipal Court Payment Portal
- Online Forms
- Interactive Zone & Ordinance Map
- Addison Code of Ordinance Online
- Your Guide to Sustainable Living
- Financial Transparency
- Citizen Support Center
- Destination Addison
- Addison Arbor Foundation Online
Wind: SSE at 15 mph
|Complete DFW Forecast|
Trash/Recycling/Special Collection/Electronics Disposal
- Commercial and Multi-Family: The Town of Addison does not provide commercial and multi-family solid waste collection services. Businesses and apartment complexes contract with private collection companies. Please contact your building management for information.
- Residential: The Town of Addison contracts with Waste Management, Inc., for the collection of garbage from single-family residences.
- Days of collection are Monday and Thursday beginning at 7:00 a.m. Please do not put any type of trash items out any sooner than the night before collection day per Town's Ordinance.
- Holidays service is suspended for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day if the holiday falls on a Monday or Thursday.
- Garbage is to be placed in one way receptacles (i.e. garbage bags) of sufficient strength to hold 35 pounds.
- Commercial and Multi-Family: The Town of Addison does not provide commercial and multi-family recycling collection services. Businesses and apartment complexes contract with private collection companies. Please contact your building management to request this service. Addison does not have a recycling drop off center.
- Residential: The Town of Addison contracts with Waste Management, Inc., for the collection of recyclables from single-family residences.
- Days of collection are Monday beginning at 7:00 a.m. Please do not put any type of recycling items out any sooner than the night before collection day per Town’s Ordinance.
- Holidays service is suspended for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day if the holiday falls on a Monday.
- The Town of Addison provides green bins to its residents for recycling. Bins can be obtained by contacting us at 972-450-2871.
- All recyclables can be commingled together in the green bin. On windy days, please place a brick or board on top of the bin to keep your neighborhood litter-free.
|DO RECYCLE||HOW TO RECYCLE||DON'T RECYCLE|
|Place loose in green bin or stack in bags on top of or beside bin. If it looks like rain, save for next week. Wet paper CANNOT be recycled.||Used pizza boxes|
Food and beverage bottles, laundry bottles, buckets, and any plastic containers marked with #1-7.
|Rinse and remove the lids, place in your green bin. Bottles may be crushed to conserve space.|
Plastic wrap, plastic bags, plastic toys or other types of plastic bottles such as those used for automotive or other hazardous materials. No Styrofoam.
|ALUMINUM AND METAL|
Food and beverage cans made of tin like soup and peaches cans. Items made of steel or aluminum, and empty aerosol cans.
|Rinse cans and place in green bin. It is helpful if you remove the paper labels.||Scrap metal, paint cans, automotive product cans, pie tins or disposable aluminum plates. No wire hangers.|
Food and beverage containers that are clear, brown or green glass in color. Empty jars from pickles, sauces, beer, juice, etc are acceptable.
|Rinse and remove the lids. Place in green bin. It is helpful if you remove the paper labels.||Light bulbs, plate glass, auto glass, tempered glass, mirrors, ceramics or any glass that is not a food or beverage bottle.|
- Commercial: The Town of Addison does not provide commercial special collection services. Businesses (including apartment complexes) contract with private collection companies.
- Bulk pick up, brush, and household chemicals: Collection for these items can be arranged by contacting the Public Works Department at 972-450-2871,for the collection from single-family residences. Items such as hot water heaters, appliances, furniture, tree limbs, bags of leafs, paint, and batteries (among many other items) qualify for special collection.
- All Addison Residents (including apartment residents): May participate in the House Hazardous Waste Program. This program allows all residents to dispose of household chemical products the responsible way. Click here for more information Household Hazardous Waste Program
- Residents (including apartment residents): The Town of Addison partners with Erecycler to offer free recycling of electronics to Addison residents during the Addison Community Garage Sale. This event takes place twice a year on the first Saturday of May and October at the Sam’s parking lot.
- Electronic Disposal/Recycling useful information:
- Erecycler http://www.erecycler.net/index.html
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality-Television Recycling http://www.tceq.texas.gov/p2/recycle/electronics/tv_recycling.html
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality-Electronics Recycling
- Wheels for Wishes benefits Make-A-Wish North Texas. They tow away, auction off and recycle old cars free of charge. http://northtexas.wheelsforwishes.org