- Town Calendar
- Business Registration
- Entertainment & Restaurants
- Building Inspection Permit Portal
- Food Svc License Permit Portal
- Watch Public Meetings Live
- Emergency Notification System
- Pay & Manage Your Utility Bill
- Municipal Court Payment Portal
- Online Forms
- Interactive Zone & Ordinance Map
- Addison Code of Ordinance Online
- Your Guide to Sustainable Living
- Financial Transparency
- Citizen Support Center
- Destination Addison
- Addison Arbor Foundation Online
Wind: S at 10 mph
|Complete DFW Forecast|
Addison Citizens Assisting Police
Welcome to the Addison Police Department. We, the staff, appreciate your response to the need for volunteer services in our Department.
Mission Statement of the Addison Police Department
The Addison Police Department is dedicated to a standard of excellence in promoting and maintaining a safe and peaceful community. We serve in a community partnership to preserve order, protect life and property, enforce laws and ordinances, and safeguard individual liberties. We conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards, and treat others with fairness, dignity, and respect. We pledge to manage our organization with professionalism, leadership, and integrity.
The ACAP Program is not intended to replace any functions performed by police personnel. Rather, its role is to augment and complement services provided by the Department to the community. Volunteers provide the Addison Police Department with the ability to use existing funds and paid personnel in a more productive manner.
Participation in the program is by persons residing in or working in the Town. The Addison Police Department reserves the right to approve all assignments of ACAP volunteers.
Volunteer Qualifications include:
- Must hold a valid Texas Drivers License and Insurance
- Must live or work in Addison, Texas
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have no felony convictions
- Have no DWI/DUI convictions in the past ten years
- Have no more than one Class C misdemeanor conviction within the past three years. Driving convictions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Graduate of the Town Academy preferred
- Excellent driving record
- Town physician verifying that the applicant can repeatedly lift and carry 25lbs and work in extremes temperature for up to 4 hours
ACAP Documents and Forms